SEEC is a registered charity committed to supporting student mobility and creating learning opportunities through the use of academic credit. More About SEEC. We do this by providing and promoting events and networking opportunities to facilitate the sharing of best practice and new developments. We publish resources for the benefit of our membership and the wider community, notably the SEEC Credit Level Descriptors. We also provide a signposting service for learners looking for information on credit.
News & Events
- Due to COVID-19, SEEC's event programme is suspended but activity continues behind the scenes - please contact us for information or support
- QAA Advisory Group reviewing the HE Credit Framework for England
- UALL AGM approves proposal for SEEC to become an Affiliate Network
- Case studies on application of the SEEC Descriptors are sought for online publication
- QAA references SEEC Descriptors in its 'characteristics statement' for degree apprenticeships
If you are interested in the power of learning to enhance and transform individual lives, working practices and wider society, then you should be interested in credit. Despite the basic architecture for credit recognition being available for many years, there are still significant barriers to its coherent implementation which limit access to higher education. SEEC has a mission to promote learning opportunity through credit and operates as a source of expertise and a focus for the development of best practice towards the achievement of this goal.
Being a member of SEEC is incredibly valuable for the OU. We do a huge amount of credit transfer and are often seen as leaders in the field but there is still so much to be done in the sector to get a level playing field for learners. Joining our voice with other like-minded institutions enables us to get more public attention on the benefits of credit recognition than we ever could alone.